What is an ABR® – Accredited Buyer Representative?
The Accredited Buyer Representative Designation is conferred upon REALTORS® who complete the Accredited Buyers Representative two day course and exam.
Realtors who earn this designation demonstrate:
- Commitment to protecting the interest of real estate buyers
- Experience in representing buyers and helping them find the right property for their specific needs (they must have completed at least 5 transactions representing Buyers from start to close through the entire process of purchasing a home.)
- Completion of an additional ABR® elective course
- Maintain active membership in NAR and REBAC
- Professionalism by completion of the designation program
The ABR® designation is conferred by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC), a wholly owned subsidiary of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). With more than 30,000 members, REBAC is the world’s largest organization of professionals who specialize in representing buyers in residential real estate transactions.